In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working on creating software that would allow us to administer the ISLPR® test online while ensuring absolute test security and maintaining the distinctive features of ISLPR®. We are pleased to announce that the software development has been completed, initial trials with past ISLPR candidates were completed and we are confident in the solution we have found. Moving forward, with the assistance of a third party statistician, we have begun formal trials of the software and are in the recruitment phase of our study.
At present, we are asking any Queensland based, internationally trained teachers, who have never done the ISLPR test before, if they would be willing to take an ISLPR test (either online or face-to-face). Participants in our online trial will receive feedback on their performance (in the form of a short written report that outlines any errors or issues) and participants will go into the draw to win one of two $100 Coles gift cards.
It is important to note that this is a trial of our new software and therefore, we will not be issuing test results that could be used for high stakes purposes. However, this is a good opportunity to become familiar with an ISLPR test before doing your test for teacher registration.
What is involved?
- We will be running ten full days of trial tests.
- We are looking for a minimum of 60candidates who would be interested in taking the test. 30 people will be randomly assigned to do the online test, while the other 30 candidates will do the face-to-face test.
- The online test will go for around the same amount of time as a face-to-face ISLPR test (i.e. 2.5 hours).
- At the end of the test, you will be asked to provide feedback on your whole experience (through a survey sent to your email address). Surveys must be completed in order to receive the report and to go into the drawer to win the voucher.
- Tests will be run during business hours on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only.
As with all trials, there are some controls we must have in place. Please find our list of non-negotiable requirements below:
- You are an internationally trained teacher looking to get registered in Australia.
- You have never done an ISLPR test before
- However, you can participate if you have only taken tutorials.
- You are willing to attend our office in Mount Gravatt to do the test if you are selected to do the face-to-face test.
- If you are selected to do the online test, you need to have a quiet room in your house where you can isolate yourself and where there are no posters or other written materials on the walls or elsewhere in the room. In addition,
- you need to be comfortable using a computer;
- you must have a laptop or computer with a webcam which you can use to span around the room;
- you must have access to the internet; and
- you should be familiar with Google Chrome and ideally with Google Meet.
If you meet the prerequisites and wish to take part in the trials, please register your interest here.